Lighting Retrofit Coordinator
Website Dartmouth College
Be Exceptional Here!
Join a fun team and organization where you are excited to come to work each day!
The Lighting Retrofit Coordinator supports Dartmouth’s Engineering and Utilities Department to provide day-to-day management and coordination of the LED Lighting Retrofit Program. The purpose of the LED Lighting Retrofit Program is to install energy efficient LED lighting systems throughout the campus to reduce energy use and associated greenhouse gases, and reduce energy and maintenance costs. The Lighting Coordinator must be proficient, or can quickly learn proficiency, in all aspects of the planning and execution of lighting retrofit programs. The Lighting Coordinator’s duties include planning, facilitating installation, and tracking and reporting on progress. The position reports to the Energy Program Manager within the Engineering and Utilities Department. This is a Term position, with an estimated three to four year duration.
Required Qualifications – Education and Yrs Exp
- Associates plus 2-3 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Qualifications – Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Technical school graduate or equivalent education and experience.
- Relevant Associate’s degree or trade license preferred.
Must have a valid driver’s license and be qualified under the terms of the Dartmouth College Driver Safety and Motor Vehicle Policy.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Aptitude with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and OneNote.
Ability to perform math computations as related to energy savings (algebra).
- Ability to read, interpret and modify floor plans and schematics.
- Must have the ability to follow complex written and oral assignments and communicate effectively.
- Two+ years of experience with planning and executing lighting retrofit projects, including design, installation, energy savings calculations, rebate applications, etc.
Associates or Bachelors degree in Electrical Technology, or Licensed Electrician.
- Must be able to work independently under minimal supervision, exercise sound judgment and have excellent problem solving skills.
Strong customer service orientation.
Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
- Must successfully complete and remain certified and compliant in all safety related course work as may be required by the College.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to perform work that involves lifting, kneeling, climbing and working in cramped or awkward conditions. Must be able to occasionally lift, carry and hold objects weighing up to 80lbs. Must be willing to work indoors, outdoors and wear special or protective clothing.
To apply for this job please visit www.dartmouth.edu.