Locksmith Access Control Tech B
Website Dartmouth College
Be Exceptional Here!
Join a team where you feel inspired and make a difference!
The Locksmith/Access Control and Security Tech B will have skills and knowledge in the installation, maintenance and repair of a variety of security and access systems including door hardware, keys, combination and electronically operated locks and hardware. Working in a service-oriented environment, Locksmith/Access Control Tech B will successfully communicate with members of the Dartmouth community while carrying out their tasks.
Required Qualifications –
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Technical school graduate or have equivalent educational and vocational experience.
- Must have at least four years of relevant experience of which two must have been served as an apprentice or equivalent position.
- Working knowledge of and demonstrated skills in the installation, repair, and maintenance of a wide variety of security systems (key, combination, electronic)
Must have a valid driver’s license and be qualified under the terms of the Dartmouth College Driver Safety and Motor Vehicle Policy.
Preferred Qualifications –
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and hardware schedules.
- Must have skill in the use of hand and power tools, analog/digital test equipment, man lifts, testing devices and ladders.
- Must possess skills related to troubleshooting door hardware and locks
- Must have the ability to follow complex written and oral assignments and communicate effectively.
- Must be able to work independently under minimal supervision, exercise sound judgment and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Must successfully complete and remain certified and compliant in all safety or trades related course work as may be required by the College.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Willingness to work overtime as required including supporting college events as needed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
To apply for this job please visit www.dartmouth.edu.