HVAC Building Engineer
Website Farley White Management Company
Real Estate Investment & Management
Position: HVAC Building Maintenance Engineer
Location: Bedford, NH
Job Summary: Farley White Management Company is looking for a licensed HVAC Engineer who will work with a team to support the management of all building systems for a Class A suburban office park located in southern NH. Duties include, but are not limited to, the operation, installation, repair, maintenance, and improvement of all building structures and equipment including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and life safety.
Perform and/or oversee the day-to-day efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all building and site systems for assigned properties. Building systems include but are not limited to HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, water treatment, hardware, keying, and fire protection.
- Manage, monitor & control building energy consumption and utilize a Metasys EMS.
- Ensure that general safety, fire prevention regulations, and safe working habits are promoted throughout the building with Working knowledge of OSHA, NFPA and Life Safety codes and regulations.
- Coordinate, conduct and/or provide support in the day-to-day completion, organization and accuracy of preventive maintenance and loss control.
- Interact and coordinate with suppliers and contractors to ensure compliance with building standards and regulations.
Perform tenant service calls and unscheduled maintenance tasks.
- Set & maintain professional work environment. Ensure standards of customer service and commitment.
- Participate in a 7×24 emergency on-call program which includes response to after hour’s emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather power outage and other related situations including clean-up activities per on-call procedures or as requested in critical situations.
- Effectively communicate to the appropriate party/parties the status and activity of building operations and conditions and promptly report any potential or existing problems.
- Provide additional backup to other buildings in the company portfolio as necessary.
- Must have strong HVAC skills including knowledge of cooling towers, boilers, pneumatics, RTU, heat pumps, duct work and energy management systems as well as plumbing, electrical, fire & life safety skills.
- Minimum of 5 HVAC experience and 2 – 3 years in the commercial real estate industry preferred.
- Required State HVAC or Engineer license and Universal level refrigerant recovery license (608).
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of equipment being serviced and employ service procedures.
- Strong technical and problem-solving abilities including those related to mechanical controls preferred.
- Effective communication skills, customer service skills, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize.
- SMT certification or enrollment in program preferred.
- Working knowledge of web-based work order systems, such as Angus, Building engines or similar required.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment and deal effectively with multiple, simultaneous deadlines and projects.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands.
- Regular use of various machinery and tools used in a general building maintenance environment.
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside.
- Occasionally required to work around vibration or noise as well as dust.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
- May require the ability to operate a vehicle (i.e. truck, van, utility cart, etc.)
Commensurate with experience. Profit Sharing and Bonus program included.
Farley White offers excellent benefits including health, dental and flexible savings plans, IRA with company match, profit sharing, bonus, short- & long-term disability, and life insurance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org