2nd & 3rd shift Precision Bender & Inspector
In the role of Precision Bender & Inspector, you’ll work collaboratively on the Tubing team to produce tubing assemblies using Bend manufacturing processes for various engines lines. As an integral part of GE Aviation’s global Supply Chain network supporting an annual production of nearly 4,000 jet engines, we focus on quality, delivery, and cost by driving lean execution and continuous improvement.
2nd Mon-Friday 2:45 PM -11:15 PM
3nd Mon-Friday 11 PM-7:30 AM
Pay $29.58/hour with an additional $1.00/hour shift differential.
First shift is only available to internal employees as a need opens
As the Precision Bender & Inspector, you will:
- Set up and operation of a variety of fabrication machine tools and/or specialized equipment to produce hardware that meets close tolerance limitations
Perform advanced mathematical calculations to determine set ups and operations necessary to perform complex tube bends
- Utilize a variety of precision gages/inspection measuring equipment and fixturing as needed to complete work orders
- Interpret advanced-level mechanical blueprints, mylars, sketches, engineering specifications and/or drawings to determine set ups and operations needed
- Identify and manage the processing of quality-related nonconforming and/or noncompliant products and materials (i.e. the Preliminary Review quality process)
- High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 2.5 years of experience in advanced fabrication manufacturing operations and disciplines; Or
- Technical Certificate from an accredited educational institution with a minimum of 2 years of experience in advanced fabrication manufacturing operations and disciplines; Or
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in a technical-related field from an accredited university /college with a minimum of 1 year of experience in advanced fabrication manufacturing operations & disciplines
- Strong capability in the set-up of fabrication machine tools and equipment
- Proficiency with advanced fabrication/mechanical blueprint/drawing/engineering specification reading and interpretation
- Comfortability performing intermediate mathematical calculations involving decimals, ratios, and percentages
- Adroitness in the use of various precision gages, measuring tools and equipment (i.e. micrometers, dial calipers, height gages, special fixturing, coordinate measuring machines and/or optical comparators)
Contact Julia.Martin@ge.com with your resume, desired position title, phone number, and best time/day to contact you OR submit your application at www.geaviation.com/Hooksett
To apply for this job please visit www.geaviation.com.