Precision & Inspection Machinist
In the role of Precision & Inspection Machinist, you’ll work collaboratively on the Blisk team to produce bladed disk parts for various engines lines. As the top Blisk manufacturer in GE, we focus on quality, delivery, and cost by driving lean execution and continuous improvement.
This position is available on 2nd and 3rd shifts.
2nd shift hours 2:53PM – 10:53AM Mon-Friday. $32.71/hour + additional $1/hour shift differential.
3rd shift hours 11 PM-7:30 AM $32.71/hour + additional $1/hour shift differential.
You may know us as GE Aviation. We are transitioning our name and rebranding to fully encompass all of what we are doing. GE Aerospace is growing and our new partnership with NASA has us going higher than we ever have before.
GE Aerospace offers benefits to employees on day 1 of employment.
As part of the Precision & Inspection Machinist position, you will:
· Set up and operate a variety of conventional (CNC) and numerically controlled (NC) precision machine tools/equipment such as, lathes, millers, grinders, electro-chemical machines, coordinate measuring inspection machines, precision finishing, special process machinery, etc.
· Perform machine-control offsets/basic NC modifications, to enable the production of products that meet close tolerance limitations.
· Use a variety of precision gages/fixtures and inspection measuring equipment as needed to complete work orders
· Interpret mechanical blueprints, sketches, engineering specifications and drawings, etc., to determine set ups and operations necessary to complete job tasks
· Completed HS/GED with a minimum of 2 years of experience in advanced machine tool and equipment manufacturing operations, Or
· Technical Certificate from an accredited educational institution with a minimum of 18 months of experience in advanced machine tool and equipment manufacturing operations; Or
· Associate degree in a technical-related field from an accredited college with a minimum of 1 year of experience in advanced machine tool and equipment manufacturing operations.
· Proficiency in reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints, drawings, engineering specifications, etc.
· Ability to perform mathematical calculations including decimals, ratios, and percentages
· Proficiency in the set up and operation of conventional and/or numerically controlled precision manufacturing machine tools and equipment
· Experience in performing numerically controlled machine off-sets and/or fundamental NC program modifications
· Experience in use of various precision gages, measuring tools and equipment, (i.e. micrometers, dial calipers, height gages, special fixturing, coordinate measuring machine and/or optical comparators)
· Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma fundamentals
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices on a continuous improvement team
· Highly motivated, passionate, and with exceptional communications skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
To apply for this job email your details to Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org