Complex Projects Maintenance Technician
Website Rockingham County
Join our team as the Complex Projects Maintenance Technician here at Rockingham County Engineering & Maintenance Services. Enjoy fantastic benefits, generous paid time off, and the opportunity to work alongside accomplished professionals. Be a part of an organization you can be proud of.
The Complex Projects Maintenance Technician is responsible for the safe and efficient planning, execution and documentation of projects and the accomplishment of general maintenance assignments throughout the County Complex and properties.
Example of duties:
- Plans, safely and efficiently, the execution of projects including demolition, renovation, and new construction; maintains files documenting final condition(s).
- Coordinate and supervises a work crew in the execution of projects including demolition, renovation, and new construction.
- Service and repairs Complex buildings: door hardware and security, locks, access control, cameras, carpentry, painting, masonry, flooring, roofing, etc., and other related duties as may be required.
- Performs preventive maintenance of equipment, buildings, and systems as required or assigned.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and services equipment associated with or used in the accomplishment of assigned duties.
- Participates in cross training with other divisions within the Engineering & Maintenance Services department; may be required to assist co-workers with their job responsibilities.
- Prepares and submits accurate daily work orders recording duties performed and materials used, and other reporting duties as may be requested.
- Provides support to outside contractors as may be requested.
- Participates in the rotating on-call general maintenance process to provide coverage to other areas of the county complex.
- Provides snow removal services for the entire complex.
Requires ability to stay past normal shift time to provide coverage, during emergency situations or as the need demands up to 16 hours.
- Working knowledge of, and ability to identify the tools, equipment, materials, and skills necessary to accomplish the assigned duties.
- The ability to effectively supervise employees displaying knowledge of and complying with all Safety Procedures.
- The ability to effectively plan, coordinate and supervise the various trades involved in each project.
- Knowledge of building construction practices and Codes. Must be highly proficient in the areas of: door hardware and security, locks, access control, cameras, carpentry, painting, masonry, flooring, and roofing.
- Knowledge of structural building systems, i.e., planning and execution of demolition and renovation in a manner that will not impair the structural integrity of the subject property.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mandatory post offer physical, drug and alcohol testing for new hire. Criminal records check required.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.