Maine Energy Marketers Association
The Maine Energy Marketers Association, or MEMA for short, is a trade association representing more than 300 members, including 125 heating oil, propane, biofuels and motor fuels providers as well as convenience store owners. We are seeking a full time HVAC Instructor to join our growing team in Portland, Maine. This person will report to the Dean of Technical Education or Business Manager and work day classes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Full time instruction of Oil, Propane, ACR and occasional advanced level classes
- Assist with the daily operations of the school
- Assist with the updating of equipment as needed
- Informed of HVAC related code changes and changing curriculum accordingly (or working with Technical Dean to do so)
- Assist with student tours as needed
- Answer code questions for members
- Communicate with the fuel board as needed
- Assist with Lab Maintenance, responsible for cleaning and organization of lab after every group of students
- Assist with the timely ordering of class materials and lab parts and supplies as needed (or working with the Technical Dean to do so)
- Assist with the curriculum updates and creating new curriculum as needed
- Oversee/assist the students when they are in the lab
- Represent MTEC at events, seminars, trade shows; makes verbal presentations as needed
- Assist with student recruitment
- Attend Education committee meetings when able
- Assist with member company and student job placement as needed
- Education/ Training – Master Oil Burner Technician, Licensed in Propane, EPA Universal Certification and AC experience helpful but not required
- Job Related Experience – 3-5 years’ experience with classroom teaching and hands-on training in the HVAC Industry
- Special Skills- Ability to competently communicate with students and instructors. Must be proficient with adult learner methodology and delivering core curriculum to students. Must have excellent verbal and writing skills
- Must be able to teach for long periods of time on one’s feet. Also, must be able to physically demonstrate the equipment used for training in the lab.
- Must be able to teach day classes (8am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday).
- Insurable & Valid Driver’s License.
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend the English language. Needs to have the ability to perform basic math functions and understand the mathematical relationships between generalized data and statistics. Must possess and demonstrate high level communications and teaching ability.
- General good health with acceptable range of hearing, sight and voice.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy loads – related to equipment necessary for the lab and its demonstrations. Ability to walk, navigate stairs and other physical motions necessary to perform all aspects of HVAC technician installation and training. Able to operate an automobile safely and legally and to travel for extended periods of time. Occasional overnight or weekend travel may be required. Ability to sit at a computer terminal and concentrate on visual images for extended periods of time.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
Maine Energy Marketers Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, familial status, domestic violence status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.