1st Shift Maintenance Technician – $3,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Website Rockingham County
Join our team as a 3rd shift General Maintenance and Shift Technician at Rockingham County. Enjoy fantastic benefits, generous paid time off and the opportunity to work alongside accomplished professionals. Be a part of an organization you can be proud of.
The General Maintenance and Shift Technician ensures the safe and efficient operation of the high-pressure steam boiler plant operations, all associated heating and mechanical operations and other systems as necessary. This position performs duties as needed to ensure the comfort and safety of all residents, staff and visitors at the County Complex.
Example of duties:
- Services, repairs and troubleshoots oil and wood biomass fired boilers, low and high pressure boiler support equipment, steam systems, HVAC/R and pneumatic systems.
- Perform safety inspections.
- Identify which repairs must be affected immediately and/or which require notification.
- Performs preventive maintenance as required or assigned, of equipment, buildings, and systems.
- Prepares and submits work orders annotating work performed and materials used during the shift and other reports as requested.
- Responds to fire alarm activations and all other emergency situations at the County Complex.
- Responds to calls from the facility personnel, exercising practical mechanics.
- Must have a working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, pipefitting and carpentry methods and procedures.
- A High School Education and/or the equivalent.
- Three to five years’ experience in industrial and/or commercial maintenance or;
- The equivalent in vocational/technical training plus;
- A minimum of two years demonstrated experience is required.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Status/Shift: Full Time / 1st Shift
- Coverage on 3rd shift required regularly, coverage on 2nd shift required occasionally. Schedule to be determined monthly depending on department need. Rotating weekends required.
2nd Shift: $1.75/hour
3rd Shift: $2.00/hour
Weekend Premium: $1.50/hour
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mandatory post offer physical, drug and alcohol testing for new hire. Criminal records check required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org